Properly setting up artwork for laser processes can be a bit tricky, and might require having someone with a graphic design background to help you out. No worries though, we can help you set up your artwork if you are a bit unsure how to do it.
1. We prefer vector-based artwork such as Adobe Illustrator, EPS (Encapsulated post script), DXF, or PDF files. We can also work with high resolution images (JPG) for raster engraving jobs.
2. We have two lasers, a large format CO2 laser with a 50" x 100" bed, and a medium format CO2 laser with a 24"x18" bed. Set up your document to either 50" x 100" for large items, or 24"x18" for smaller jobs.
3. Nest your artwork to minimize wasted material
4. Move different laser processes to different layers (cutting on one layer, engraving on another)
5. .001" stroke for cut lines
6. 100% black for all processes (#00000)
Don't worry bout the laser cutters settings. We'll configure them for you.
If this doesn't make sense, that's ok, for a small fee we can help you set up your files to be laser-ready.